9 travel tips you need to know before you go
Travelling can be an awe-inspiring experience – full of culture, learning & adventures. However, it can also be stressful, especially if you haven’t travelled much. So to help make your next adventure a little less stressful, here are 9 awesome travel tips straight from seasoned AMI travel customers:
- When packing, roll your clothes up instead of folding them as you would in a draw. This will give you more room in your suitcase – just don’t forget your weight limits on checked baggage if you’re flying.
- Always pack a power multi-board with you; that way you can charge multiple electronics with only one power adapter!
- Leave a copy of your itinerary with someone at home in case of an emergency.
- Pack shampoos, conditioners, body washes in smaller bottles, even if you have a few of them – they’re easier to store in your suitcase and you won’t get anything confiscated going through customs.
- To reduce the chance of jet lag on long-haul flights, set your clock to the time of your destination as soon as you board your flight and keep your sleeping patterns to local time while in flight.
- Take a water spray for long-haul flights. Cabin air is dry (to reduce condensation). For a refreshing boost, spray into the air and inhale.
- Pack some clothes you don’t really want to keep after your trip and donate them to a charity before you leave to come home. This will create more room for your new purchases and you’ll help someone in need.
- Put shoe inserts into shoes that you’ll use for most of your trip and stash some emergency cash underneath. If you lose your wallet or someone steals your stuff, you have an emergency fund ready and waiting.
- Talk to the locals when out and about, they have great tips of things to do and usually know the best spots to visit.
When planning your next holiday, don’t forget travel insurance. Find out more about AMI Travel insurance.