What you need and when you need it

  • Public (Broadform) Liability

    Covers you for legal liability for accidental injury to a person and damage to someone else’s property while you’re doing business.

  • Business mobile equipment cover
    (Mobile Business Assets)

    Covers portable electronics and essential business equipment when out of the office.
  • Business Vehicle insurance

    Covers loss or damage to your business vehicles, so you can keep moving.

  • Professional indemnity insurance
    (not currently offered by AMI)

    Covers your business for the risks associated with providing advice and professional services. This includes liability and associated defence costs.

    We currently don't offer this product through AMI, however it's important that you have the right cover in place in order to protect you in the event of a claim against your business. We recommend you contact a broker to find out if this cover is right for you. Visit NZI for more information.

Work from an office or have a team:

  • Business contents insurance
    (Material Damage)

    Covers the equipment at your business premises.

  • Business building insurance
    (Material Damage)

    Covers the buildings you own.

  • Employers’ Liability

    Covers legal liability if your employees are injured and it’s not covered by ACC.

Whether you’re out and about meeting clients or based in an office, having the right cover is key. As a professional, liability is important to ensure you’re covered for costs if your business causes damage to others or something happens to one of your employees.

If you’re out and about, our Business Vehicle policy will look after your transport and business mobile equipment cover will ensure your precious business equipment is covered if you’re working offsite and your equipment is stolen or damaged.

Looking for a quote?

Get started with a quote or talk to a specialist

Get a quote

Or request a call-back

Looks like we need a little more information

Talk to one of our AMI Business Specialists who can easily help you work out what cover you may need and provide you with a free non-obligation quote.

Call us on 0800 100 200 0800 100 200

Or let us call you back

Handy tips for Professionals

Keep your data safe

Arrange for regular daily back ups and make sure the back-up is kept off site.

Electrical safety

It's a good idea to invest in a surge protection device in case of power surges, which can affect your critical electronic equipment.

Cover your electronics

If you keep key business equipment at home, make sure they're covered - either under your personal contents, or our business mobile equipment cover. Get in touch and we can talk you through it.

Employee safety

If your employees are out meeting clients, keep a client visitation log, so you're aware of where they're going and what the environment's like.
  • Keep your data safe
  • Electrical safety
  • Cover your electronics
  • Employee safety

Frequently asked questions

  • No, please contact us if you wish to extend your liability overseas. Call us to discuss to see whether we can extend your cover. Overseas liability associated with temporary business related visits may be covered (conditions apply see Public Liability (Broadform) policy wording for details).
  • Your personal vehicle may cover you for only certain types of business usage. Talk to us to find out more.
  • The minimum indemnity period is 6 months and based on where your business is situated, it could go up to 24 months.
  • Windscreen Cover is automatically included with every Comprehensive Motor Vehicle policy only. It's not included with Third Party Only or Third Party Fire and Theft Policies.