What you need and when you need it

  • Business Contents cover
    Covers the equipment at your business premises
  • Public Liability
    Covers you for legal liability for accidental injury to a person and damage to someone else’s property while you’re doing business.
  • Business Stock cover
    Covers any stock you may be keeping at home.
  • Business Vehicle insurance
    Covers loss or damage to your business vehicles, so you can keep moving.
  • Talk to us also about:
    • Business Interruption
    • Statutory Liability
  • Find out more

If key business equipment or stock stored at home is stolen or destroyed, it’s important to have this covered. Our Business Contents or Business Stock cover will help.

Having public liability cover will ensure you’re covered for costs should an accident or mistake happen when working from home. For example, if a fire broke out at your home business and it damaged neighbouring properties.

Business interruption is designed to keep your business operating and in the same financial trading position as before a loss. We helped over 370 small busineses last year when equipment or asset damage meant they couldn’t operate.

Tell us about your business so we can work out what cover you need…

I am in the
I am a
and I work from
  • Home
  • Van
  • Own premises
  • Leased premises
I have
  • 0
  • 1+
and I own
  • 0
  • 1+

like you have the following cover...

  • p/m
  • Pricing is indicative. This is not a quote. Pricing may differ based on individual sum insured requirements, asset type and age, business turnover, number of employees, and previous legal and claims history. Additional occupational and location risks are considered and regional differences may apply. Note risk reduction through alarms, storage, or additional security measures may reduce price. Annual payment and multi-policy discounts available.
GET IN TOUCH WITH A Business Specialist for more info, help, or to buy cover.
Call 0800 782 838
Or let us call you back

Looks like we need a little more information

Talk to one of our AMI Business Specialists who can easily help you work out what cover you may need and provide you with a free non-obligation quote.

Call us on 0800 782 838 0800 782 838

Or let us call you back

Handy tips for Home businesses

Protect business stock

Your personal home contents policy won’t cover your business stock, so you’ll need to get Business Stock Cover.

Cover key equipment

Most personal contents policies limit cover on your high value items, so make sure your key business equipment is covered with Business Contents cover.

Keep your data safe

Arrange for regular daily back ups of computer data, and make sure the back-up is kept off site.

Personal vehicle cover

If you use your personal vehicle for business purposes, you’re better to cover it under Business Vehicle Insurance.

Electrical fire protection

Electrical fires are a risk to home workers. Check for loose electrical connections and poor maintenance of electrical equipment.
  • Protect business stock
  • Cover key equipment
  • Keep your data safe
  • Personal vehicle cover
  • Electrical fire protection

Frequently asked questions

  • Yes, you can save around 10% by paying one payment annually rather than monthly.
  • Your personal vehicle may cover you for only certain types of business usage. Talk to us to find out more.
  • You’ll need separate Business Stock cover to protect your business stock from damage or loss when it’s stored in your home or travelling with you in your business vehicle.
  • Our Business Vehicle Insurance provides cover for all those who might drive your vehicle, as long as they meet certain criteria.