What you need and when you need it

  • Business Contents and Business Stock Insurance
    Covers the equipment and stock at your business premises
  • Business Building Insurance
    Covers the buildings you own
  • Public liability
    Covers you for legal liability for accidental injury to a person and damage to someone else’s property while you’re doing business.
  • Employer’s Liability
    Covers legal liability if your employees are injured and it’s not covered by ACC.
  • Business Vehicle insurance
    Covers loss or damage to your business vehicles, so you can keep moving.
  • Talk to us also about:
    • Business Interruption Insurance
    • Machinery Breakdown Cover
  • Find out more

If there’s a burglary, fire or natural disaster and your place of business is damaged, you’ll need your important business equipment and stock repaired or replaced quickly. Last year around 20% of claims made by small business owners were to replace business assets damaged by fire, flood, or storms.

No matter how carefully you operate your business, accidents and mistakes can happen. Having Liability cover will ensure you’re covered for costs

Should something happen to your place of retail, Business Interruption will cover loss of earnings and extra expenses to keep your business running during this time. We helped over 370 small businesses last year with costs when their business was interrupted by asset damage.

If you’re a cafe/restaurant or food retailer, our Machinery Breakdown cover will ensure your refrigerated goods are covered if your fridge or freezer breaks down.

Tell us about your business so we can work out what cover you need…

I am in the
I am a
and I work from
  • Home
  • Van
  • Own premises
  • Leased premises
I have
  • 0
  • 1+
and I own
  • 0
  • 1+

like you have the following cover...

  • p/m
  • Pricing is indicative. This is not a quote. Pricing may differ based on individual sum insured requirements, asset type and age, business turnover, number of employees, and previous legal and claims history. Additional occupational and location risks are considered and regional differences may apply. Note risk reduction through alarms, storage, or additional security measures may reduce price. Annual payment and multi-policy discounts available.
GET IN TOUCH WITH A Business Specialist for more info, help, or to buy cover.
Call 0800 782 838
Or let us call you back

Looks like we need a little more information

Talk to one of our AMI Business Specialists who can easily help you work out what cover you may need and provide you with a free non-obligation quote.

Call us on 0800 782 838 0800 782 838

Or let us call you back

Are you doing everything to manage risk?

Use our handy checklists to help.

Handy tips for Small retailers

Intruder alarms

Alarms can protect your assets after hours and make things safer for your staff. They’re a great vandal-deterrant and also ensure a rapid response if triggered.

Secure your safe

If you store valuable items in a safe, choose a quality, leading-brand safe that meets CEN European standards and has UL Rated locks. Attach it with bolts to the building.

Deep fryer safety

If you’re in the hospitality business, be sure to skim all scraps from the deep fryer on a regular basis and keep them in a closed metal container as they can be prone to spontaneous combustion for several days.

Fire protection

Automatic fire sprinklers are the best protection against the risk of fire and will help you reduce damage to assets or stock.

Personal vehicles

If you’re using your personal vehicle to transport stock or food for business purposes, you’ll need to get Business Vehicle Insurance
  • Intruder alarms
  • Secure your safe
  • Deep fryer safety
  • Fire protection
  • Personal vehicles

Frequently asked questions

  • The minimum indemnity period is 3 months and based on where your business is situated, it could go up to 36 months.
  • Yes, they're covered under liability and your Business Vehicle Insurance while they are performing an act as part of your business. Talk to us to ensure you have the right liability cover.
  • Yes, it covers damage done to other people’s property and vehicles while towing a trailer. The trailer itself is covered under a business vehicle policy up to $600 or the market value, whichever is lesser.
    1. There is a high fire risk with commercial kitchens, especially with deep fryers.
    2. Other important risk areas include security and electrical safety.
    3. Don’t forget waste management and health and safety for your business.