5 ways to make a road trip kinda easy
A little kindness can go a long way, especially if you’re planning a summer road trip. Here are five ways showing how a little kindness can help.
- Be kind to your car - Make sure your car is in tip top condition. Book it in for a service and remember to get your wheels aligned. Not only will it make for a smoother, safer drive, but you’ll save on fuel and the wear and tear on your tyres. It’s the kinda kindness your wallet will thank you for. Also check your tyre pressure (including your spare) and your water level before you hit the road.
- Be kind to your stuff - Take your time with packing, and make sure you can easily access the things you might need on the road. Sorting through your boot on the side of a road is never fun. If you’re carrying or towing anything, make sure you properly secure everything.
- Be kind to your passengers - Look after your passengers, especially the littlest ones. Plan your drive with your kids. You can pick places to stop, games to play and create playlists to listen to. If they feel involved in the adventure, you might find you get a happier kind of commentary from the backseat.
- Be kind to other drivers - Be a safe and considerate driver. If you need a break, take one. If traffic is backing up behind you, pull over. And if someone is cruising too slow for your liking; just breathe and put on your favourite jams and sing along. You’re on holiday after all.
- Be kind to yourself if the unexpected happens - Allow for delays and the unexpected. Breakdowns and accidents do happen and often at the most inconvenient time. Before you leave make sure you pack an emergency kit, and check what your car insurance covers (if you need any help with this, you can always give us a call). It’s also a smart idea to consider signing up for a breakdown service if you haven’t already. If you have Comprehensive Car Insurance with AMI, you can get a year of the AMI Standard Breakdown Service for just $32.
What about claims?
Don’t worry, AMI has made that a kinder experience too. Now you can start and track your AMI claims online. You can also upload documents and photos, add items to your schedule, and update details like police reference numbers. It’s all in the one place where you can access it. To make a claim head to AMI Claims now.