My caravan, my castle
Remember those long summer road trips, where you parked up to admire the views of our spectacular country? Parking up in your portable home, with family and friends, enjoying that beautiful summer weather… it’s what dreams are made of!
Caravans that are towed by a motor vehicle can be covered by AMI Caravan insurance, or if you have a self-propelled caravan then that will need to be insured under vehicle cover.
You're covered for accidental physical loss or damage that occurs anywhere in NZ. Your caravan insurance policy with AMI includes fixtures like benches, beds, sinks and cupboards, as well as some removable items like curtains, awnings, spare wheels and television aerials*.
Travelling between islands? You’ll be covered while you traverse the Cook Strait on a licensed provider such as the Interislander.
What about the stuff inside my caravan?
Cover for contents in your caravan can be added to your policy for an additional premium if they’re not already insured under another policy. If you have Advanced or Premier Contents with AMI, your household possessions (that you temporarily remove from you house to take with you on your trip) are covered for any loss or damage that occurs anywhere in NZ*. For more information check out contents insurance.
*Exclusions and limitations apply so please refer to our caravan and contents policy documents.
Got your insurance sorted? Here are 5 tips to make sure your caravan is set for summer:
- Before departing, check that tyres (including the spare) are the right pressure and have enough tread, secure all loose items, and ensure all fluids (coolant, fuel, water) are at their correct levels.
- Always keep your caravan locked, even if you’re just meters away.
- Hide valuables from sight, or if you don’t need them – leave them at home.
- Stay in secure campgrounds or safe areas.
- Be aware of cars behind you. Wherever possible, pull over and allow them to pass.
Contact AMI today to buy or renew your caravan and contents insurance – and have a great summer.