Market value house insurance

Call for a quote on 0800 100 200

With Market value house cover, if your house is damaged or destroyed we will either repair the damage or pay you its market value (excluding land) at the time of the damage. We will pay the lesser of the market value of your house, or the limit you choose as the sum insured.

What is covered?

  • If you damage someone else's property (up to $1 million)
  • Earthquake top-up cover
  • Cover for demolition costs
Optional extra
  • No excess for glass or sanitary fixtures

Pay only one excess

If you have both your house and your contents insured with AMI, and both are damaged due to the same event (eg. if there's a fire) you will only have to pay one excess.

Generous premium discount if...

You choose a high excess

With AMI's house insurance policies you can choose from a range of excess options. Quite simply, the greater your excess, the lower your premiums.

Just ask and we'll show you how much you could save.

Please note that certain conditions apply to the policy features listed above. Full details are set out in our policy documents. Some acceptance criteria may apply. Download the Market value house policy document or call us on 0800 100 200 for more information.

For more information

Is your Sum Insured correct?

Click here for information and guides to working out your Sum Insured

Need more cover?

Check out our Premier house cover. Our highest level of house cover with great added extras.

Get a quote

Call us on 0800 100 200 and we will talk through your options.