Insurance for uni students

For a lot of us, when we start Uni we’re also starting our new life as an adult. We move out of home, become more independent, maybe get our first car, and we start making our own decisions.

One of the big things that you’ll need to start considering is how you’re going to protect yourself. Your new-found freedom can open you up to more risk. Insurance is a way to pass that risk along. AMI has policies specially for young people beginning their adult life.

If you own your own car, sorting out insurance should be one of the first things you do. Even if you’re not too worried about what happens to your car, you should still get protection against damage you cause to someone else’s car or property while you’re driving your car. AMI has a policy designed specifically for young drivers. If you're under 25 you could get a 50% No Claims Bonus straight away.

Starting Uni can also mean moving out of home and renting your own place. You may think that you don’t own enough things to bother with insuring them, but contents insurance doesn’t just cover the things you own. It also covers you for your personal liability in case you cause accidental damage to someone else’s property. Our Renters Insurance will cover your personal liability, and provide cover for up to $10,000 of your contents and you won’t pay more than $32 a month, for the first year.*

To make life a little bit easier AMI has a special deal for students. If you take out both Young Drivers Insurance and Renters Insurance, you’ll get our Student Multisaver benefit. Get a quote online or call us on 0800 100 200.

*Price is based on AMI Advanced Contents cover with $10,000 sum insured and an excess level of $500. Changing your sum insured, excess or adding optional extensions to cover, will alter the price.