AMI House construction insurance provides cover for accidental damage or loss to your house while it is being built or altered.

Optional covers

Please note that certain conditions apply to the policy features listed above. Full details are set out in our policy document: AMI House construction policy document (PDF).

Am I covered?

Who can take out House construction insurance?
House construction insurance is available to both professional builders and to home-owners wanting to build or alter their own house.

What can be covered by House construction insurance?
House construction insurance covers domestic houses intended for residential use only.

When your house is finished

Choose from two levels of house insurance, each designed to give you the protection you need at a price that suits you.

Premier house insurance

Provides replacement cover for your property up to a maximum specified dollar amount - this is called the Total Sum Insured

Market value house insurance

An economical way to protect your house, based on its market value.

Contact AMI

Call us on 0800 100 200 or
Visit any local AMI branch

House construction insurance through AMI is underwritten by NZI, a business division of IAG New Zealand Limited.