Cyclone Cook FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I entitled to alternative accommodation if I have to evacuate?

If your home is damaged and is unable to be lived in due to that damage, then you’ll be entitled to the Alternative Accommodation cover under your home or contents policy.

If your home is within the cordon area but not damaged, unfortunately this means that the Alternative Accommodation cover doesn’t apply.
We may be able to assist with other emergency payments however so get intouch with our claims team to find out more.

My car is inside the cordon area – what’s going to happen to it?

If you have lodged a claim for your flood damaged vehicle, we'll arrange to tow it somewhere safe once we are given access to the evacuated area. Once we assess your vehicle we'll get in touch.

I want to look at my policy documents and policy wordings – where can I get these from?

You can find all our policy wordings on our website here – these explain what you are and aren’t covered for.

To obtain a copy of your policy documents (specific to your policy), you can download these from your online account. If you don’t have an online account, register here – all you’ll need is a policy number. If you don’t have one, PM us on Facecbook or give us a call on 0800 100 200.

Other Information

Update your contact information

To help us contact you if we need, make sure we’ve got your latest contact details on hand. Message us on Facebook, or give us a call on 0800 100 200.

Find the latest updates and information

Keep you and your family safe by staying up to date with the latest weather warnings. MetService and Civil Defence provide regular updates. MetService and Civil Defence both have Facebook pages that are regularly updated with new information as it comes in.
Make sure you like the pages so you can get regular updates.

How to get in touch with us over the weekend

We're here to help, so for anything urgent, give us a call on 0800 100 200, or PM us on Facebook. Otherwise you can email us or pop into your local branch.
You can also lodge your claim online – this might be quicker as we’re expecting high call volumes.

Emergency support we can provide

If you or your family have been displaced and are in urgent need of essentials, such as clothing, etc – we’re able to make emergency payments to you to assist. If you’d like to discuss this further, give us a call on 0800 100 200 to talk to our claims team. Otherwise you can PM us on Facebook.

Keeping you and your family safe

Check out our articles below for tips on how to keep you and your family safe