Travel insurance claims
We have a dedicated travel claims team who are on hand to help you.
To make a claim, call us on 0800 500 425
between 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
If you need emergency assistance call us 24/7 from:Australia 1800 805 998
United Kingdom 0808 234 4362
United States 1866 945 3167
Canada 1800 840 1151
For all other countries
Call us on +64 (0) 9 300 8581
Within New Zealand
Call us on 09 300 8581
Completing a claim form
You can complete a claim form and submit it to us by:
Post:AMI Travel Insurance
c/o Cover-More Claims Department
PO Box 105-203 Auckland 1143
Information you may need for your claim
Depending on the nature of your claim, you may need some of the following information to support your claim.
- Any police, local authority or airline carrier reports
- Your original itinerary for claims regarding loss of deposits and return travel
- Original doctor’s certificates or receipts for medical treatment received
- Proof of ownership, written repair, replacements, quotes or receipts for personal effects to substantiate your loss
- Bank receipts and/or statements to substantiate money claims
- For rental vehicles, all documents and rental vehicle claim forms relating to the accident
- Any other information required by the insurer.