What you need and when you need it

  • Business Contents and Business Stock cover
    Covers the equipment and stock at your business premises
  • Business building insurance
    Covers the buildings you own
  • Public liability
    Covers you for legal liability for accidental injury to a person and damage to someone else’s property while you’re doing business.
  • Employers’ Liability
    Covers legal liability if your employees are injured and it’s not covered by ACC.
  • Business Vehicle insurance
    Covers loss or damage to your business vehicles, so you can keep moving.
  • Talk to us also about:
    • Business Interruption Insurance
    • Machinery Breakdown Cover
  • Find out more

If there’s a burglary or a fire in your workshop, you could lose all your stock, contents and machinery. Our Business Stock and Contents cover can help you quickly replace what’s been lost and Business Interruption will ensure you’re reimbursed for lost earnings while your workshop isn’t able to open.

Being protected against public liability is important if your workshop has an accidental fire and it spreads to neighbours, or when you manufacture or repair a product which is faulty and causes damage.

If you need to travel out to customers and take your tools, our Business Vehicle Insurance and Tools cover will cover you if there’s an accident or a burglary.

Tell us about your business so we can work out what cover you need…

I am in the
I am a
and I work from
  • Home
  • Van
  • Own premises
  • Leased premises
I have
  • 0
  • 1+
and I own
  • 0
  • 1+

like you have the following cover...

  • p/m
  • Pricing is indicative. This is not a quote. Pricing may differ based on individual sum insured requirements, asset type and age, business turnover, number of employees, and previous legal and claims history. Additional occupational and location risks are considered and regional differences may apply. Note risk reduction through alarms, storage, or additional security measures may reduce price. Annual payment and multi-policy discounts available.
GET IN TOUCH WITH A Business Specialist for more info, help, or to buy cover.
Call 0800 782 838
Or let us call you back

Looks like we need a little more information

Talk to one of our AMI Business Specialists who can easily help you work out what cover you may need and provide you with a free non-obligation quote.

Call us on 0800 782 838 0800 782 838

Or let us call you back

Are you doing everything to manage risk?

Use our handy checklist to help.

Workshop checklist

Handy tips for Workshops

Hot work safety

Before carrying out any hot work on site, you need a hot work permit. Hot work includes: welding, flame cutting, disc cutting, grinding, blow lamps, brazing, burning off, soldering and the use of hot air guns.

Your workshop

Preventing the build-up of dust is one of the best ways to control fire and explosion hazards, usually via exhaust ventilation.


If you operate a spraybooth, make sure you keep an up-to-date dossier with certification and inspection records.

Courtesy vehicles

Our Business vehicle cover can cover your courtesy vehicles too.

Key machinery

Make sure you have a service contract on your machinery
  • Hot work safety
  • Your workshop
  • Spraybooths
  • Courtesy vehicles
  • Key machinery

Frequently asked questions

  • Many types of machinery, plant, mechanical equipment and apparatus can be covered under our policy. In workshops, power distribution plants (transformers, high & low tensions equipment) as well as production machinery and auxiliary equipment (machine tools, weaving looms, paper machines, kneaders, pumps, compressors, pipes, tubes, etc) can be covered.
  • Yes, it can cover damage done to other people’s property and vehicles while towing a trailer, whether or not it’s attached to your own vehicle. The trailer itself is covered under a business vehicle policy up to $600 or the market value, whichever is lesser.
  • The minimum indemnity period is 3 months and based on where your business is situated, it could go up to 36 months.
  • Technically your policy wording excludes cover while the vehicles are being hired out for a fee, but if you're looking to do this, talk to us and we can find the best solution to get you covered.