AMI mobile app FAQs
What are the features for the AMI App?
- Pay online with a credit or debit card
- Online Claims
- Crash Notes
- Maps to the nationwide branch network
- Branch contact numbers and trading hours
- Emergency contact numbers
- Contact us; phone numbers, email us, app feedback
- Register /Login to view a list of your policies (home, contents and vehicle)
- Download a PDF of your policy
- Set your preferences to receive your insurance documents by email or post*.
Where can I download the app from?
The Apple iPhone version can be downloaded from here:
Or by searching the App Store for “AMI insurance”.
The Android version can be downloaded from here:
Or by searching the Google play store for: "AMI insurance”.
Can anyone download the app?
Yes. Customer's can also login and view their car, home and contents policies via the app as well.
What do I do if I have an issue relating to the apps?
Please check the following;
- Is your device is supported? (Please see our list below)
- Have your details been entered into the app correctly?
- Do you have access to Wi-Fi or mobile data?
- Is the latest version of the app on your phone? (please visit the App Store or Play Store application on your phone and choose ‘Update’)
If the problem persists, take down a description of what’s gone wrong and call us on 0800 100 200.
Sometimes the map function within the apps won’t work, why is this?
In order to access maps within the app, you have to have your location services (GPS) activated. You will be asked via your device for permission for the AMI app to use use Location Services and you must allow this for the maps to work. Once access is enabled, and the location icon is tapped on the top menu bar of the apps, the maps should work.
Please note that the Map application requires the user to have a working Internet connection or mobile data in order to download map data. On Android phones, the default map application is Google Maps. On Apple phones, the default application is Apple Maps.
What devices are supported?
The new AMI app is supported on the following versions:
iPhone 4s, 5c, 5s, 6s and 6+ running on iOS8.0 and above. The current iOS version shipped with new iPhone is version 9.0
To check which version of iOS you’re on, please go to your Settings, tap on General, then About.
If you do not have a version of iOS as listed above, follow the standard Apple process for updating your phone.
For Google Android users:
The apps are supported on OS versions 4.3 to 6.0.1, and include the following devices brands and models:
Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, S6 (and Edge), S4 Mini, S5 Mini, S4 Note, S5 Note
LG Nexus 5,
To check which version of Android you’re on, please go to your Settings, tap on More, then on About Device.